An Idea of Thriving with IoT solutions
Internet of Things (IoT) | CloudedotsMon Jun 10 2019
IoT or internet of thing these days we quite often tune in to this term. So what is it?
Internet of Things(IoT) technology is handy for a broad range of industries and organization. IoT basically connects the physical planet to the internet As millions of physical apparatus are connected to the internet through this forum.
Internet of things (IoT) is a system of interwoven computing devices, automatic and digital machines, objects or mankind that are provided with clear-cut identifiers and potential to shift data over the network. Therefore IoT technology is often called “Intelligent System of Complex”.
The Cloud is the only limit! Hence we all are familiar with this right? But there is no place or space that IOT cannot be unused. As we can fill in our daily lives, everything can be made smarter.
IoT has a lot of width and likelihood. The only pasture that has shown some betterment is Industrial and Home automation. Fields like Biomedical, Security, Smart cities, etc. Are still in development and research stage.
Everyone, from consumers to corporates, cuddles the amend brought by the revolution called the Internet of Things (IoT). It has turned the world in spare ways than we could imagine until a few years back.
In the near future, we all will be confused to choose our Better Half or IOT. This may be a boon or a bane.
As we know The kitchen has often been called “the heart of the home” right? Yes! But it's also necessary to have a lady(better half) in the kitchen who serve you coffee for your cocky and Grilled Cheese Sandwich as a courtesy or Love.
So we just wanna convey you that from now onwards IOT devices will take charge of your better half as IoT will not look to your love isn't it?
The manufacturing industry is making use of smart gizmo to improve the overall manufacturing process and to produce superior goods. IoT has something to offer to everyone, it has completely changed the way we used to do business, socialize and have gratification.
HOW WILL IOT BE WORTHWHILE TO INDUSTRIES?
- Communication & Media: IOT can help the media industry to fulfill the user needs
Perks: By smart wearable, Advertisers would be able to unlock data, and Tracking of data would be easier.
- Utility Industries: A lot of investment has been done in the area of IOT department.
Perks: Monitoring the power generating plants, and Smart grid.
- Healthcare: Many diseases can be diagnosed at their earliest stage by IOT.
RYG Desk (Three-light) Nameplates: It's a device that shows the real-time performance of your team, Light turns green if your team achieved the desired Goal and if not then it will turn red.
To know more about:
Powerboard Circle: Powerboard Circle is an exclusive designed IoT board in its section.
To know more about:
So encourage your IoT journey with CLOUDEDOTS and let us connect the dots to create the perfect IoT strategy required for your business to reach dots to pull ahead of your competitors.
Industry 4.0 - A Journey of Automation
Internet of Things (IoT) | CloudedotsWed May 15 2019
Industry 4.0 is based on the cyber-physical variation of machining and manufacturing.
The current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies is known as an Industry 4.0.
Industry 4.0, got its name from the 2011 initiative, led by businessmen, politicians, and scientists, who identified it as a means of increasing the competitiveness of the German manufacturing industry through enhanced integration of cyber-physical systems into the factory processes.
Industry 4.0 Revolution
The First Industrial Revolution (1.0) - 18th Century
That's when steam power was contrived and was being familiarized in the factory system.
The Second Industrial Revolution (2.0) - 19th Century
Development of Electricity: That’s when popular Thomas Alva Edison's the electric light bulb was invented.
The Third Industrial Revolution (3.0) - 20th Century
Well Thank God, I mean we finally have computers in our lives! Basically, that’s what the third industrial revolution.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4.0)- Nowadays
Mechanization, which means decrease human influence in most of the industrial processes.
The industry 4.0 is friendly relevant to cybersecurity while the deployment of cloud, data, analytics, mobility have helped the business gain significant insights and improve the services offered.
Putting cybersecurity at the heart of an organization's plan will assist maintain and even enhance the trust of consumers.
The sprout growth of the Internet of Things (IoT), As the origin of Industry 4.0 is in vision. And we know the concern of security is more while using any devices that's why we use smarter devices and it quite difficult to track and manage all of these devices. Industry 4.0 is moving quickly to address these concerns.
As we know most of the manufacturer is a focus for cloud-based solutions like sensors and devices that communicate with the internet and provide them real-time activities happening throughout their production lines.
The list of benefits of Industry 4.0:
- Improved Productivity
- Flexibility and Agility
- Customer Experience
- Reduced Costs
- Higher Revenues
The right time to choose Industry 4.0 totally depends on a few factors like the right investment in skills and pieces of training and yes, the availability of advanced machines for easy implementation will all affect the pace of espousal.
You are surprised when you get to know that some of the Industry can take benefits from the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4.0) and Here it is...
- Automobile Industries
- Digital Industries
- Enhance Safety
- Quality Control
- Smart Packaging
- Smart Metering
Steve Jobs said that a lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. But we chose a different path and that is our belief. It was that “If we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.”
In the last, we know the question for all, customer value always comes before the pick of any technical solution like Industry 4.0.
Technology comes and goes but the pursuit for ultimate value residue.
What are the benefits of the Internet of Things for consumers?
Internet of Things (IoT) | CloudedotsSun May 05 2019
In continuation of our last blog IOT - Next Industrial Revolution, now let us see how the consumer or end-user will get benefited.
Consumers have plenty of benefits to look forward to, according to Consumers International, a world federation of consumer groups with 240 member organizations in 120 countries. Here’s a condensed look at the 10 IoT consumer benefits they see coming:
1. Responsive services: With more information coming from more sources, services can observe, learn, anticipate and respond to individual needs.
2. Shorter feedback loops: Companies can quickly learn about consumer experiences with products or services, identify faults and adjust.
3. Convenience: Saving time and money by automating tasks such as reading energy meters or checking expiration dates of food and medicines. Interconnections between devices and aggregation of information could eliminate some of the complexity that consumers now negotiate themselves.
4. Enhanced experiences: The idea that consumer activities such as cooking could be enhanced by IoT technology, by linking ingredients to recipe suggestions, much like reading on an e-reader enables instant access to dictionaries.
5. Efficiency gains passed on: Potential for efficiency gains as realized by business to be passed onto customers. Lower barriers to entry as technology and data costs get lower could offer opportunities for new entrants.
6. Increased insight into behavior: Assumptions made about habits, like how much you might walk or sleep, the amount of time spent on particular tasks can be more accurately understood and services related to these will no longer have to rely on assumptions.
7. Decision-making support: Consumers will be able to act on this knowledge themselves and make the best match with offers on the market.
8. Solving offline safety and security issues: Many methods to secure valuables have weaknesses that can be mitigated to a certain extent by IoT technology. Digital keys can limit or allow access, for example, and lost objects can be tracked and found.
9. Verify behavior or events: Billing for supplies like energy or water could become much more accurate using real-time information. Consumer benefits would include much simpler verification processes for products, leading to increased confidence.
10. Remote control: Able to exert control over a home or other appliances while not physically there, such as by checking security systems or granting access to approved parties to switch lights or heating on or off.
The IoT promises to make our environment -- our homes and offices and vehicles -- smarter, more measurable, and chatter. Smart speakers like Amazon's Echo and Google Home make it easier to play music, set timers or get information. Home security systems make it easier to monitor what's going on inside and outside or to see and talk to visitors.
Meanwhile, smart thermostats can help us heat our homes before we arrive back, and smart lightbulbs can make it look like we're home even when we're out.
IoT - The Next Industrial Revolution
Internet of Things (IoT) | CloudedotsSat May 04 2019
IoT is the next wave of the industrial revolution crucial to government, businesses, and consumers. Transforming all sectors including Automation, Education, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Energy and Utilities, Healthcare, Home Automation, Infrastructure, etc.
Some fact on IoT Global as stated below (Source: Internet):
- IoT market will grow from an installed base of 15.4 billion devices in 2015 to 30.7 billion devices in 2020 and 75.4 billion devices in 2025.
- Global spending on IoT technology-based products and services by enterprises is predicted to reach $120 billion in 2016, growing to $253 billion in 2021, attaining a 16% CAGR.
- IoT Technology Services spending alone is expected to grow at 17% CAGR in the next five years to reach $143 billion in 2021.
- Industrial IoT will add $10 to $15 trillion to global GDP in the next 20 years.
- By 2020, the number of Internet-connected things will reach or even exceed 50 billion.
- By 2020, annual revenue could exceed $470 billion for the IoT vendors selling the hardware, software and comprehensive solutions.
- The IoT technology is estimated to have a total economic impact of up to $11 trillion by 2025.
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections will grow from 5 billion at the beginning of this year to 27 billion by 2024.
- IoT could generate $4.6 trillion over the next ten years for the public sector, and $14.4 trillion for the private sector.
- Wearable tech market to be worth $34 Billion by 2020. Wearables shipments to reach 213.6 million units worldwide in 2020 with watches and wristbands driving volume.
- By 2020, a quarter of a billion vehicles will be connected to the Internet, giving a completely new possibility for in-vehicle services and automated driving.
As we can conclude from the above points that IoT is the next industrial revolution which will directly or indirectly affect all, irrespective of nature and size of business.